Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Present Life - Daily Routine


I’ve been getting some very interesting advices for blogging, a close freind suggested that I blog about experiences in my life. Seriously! Blog about my life!

Let me try to start with my present life - my daily routine. 

I am based in Dubai, currently work as a Solutions Manager for a national Telecommunications Company that I love a lot and it is extremely exciting for me. Don't worry, in this peace of blog I am not going to mention more about it as you might find it boring with the typical corporate stuff, clients and servicing and the lot that corporate life brings with itself.

A typical weekday starts when the alarm wakes me up from sleep morning at around 6. Realize time to go to work  and then ...where is the tie that suits the shirt I'm wearing, forgot to polish shoe, laptop charger is missing, no charge in iPad n finally off to work by 7:45  but no pressure since office is just a 10 minutes drive away from home and it is fine if I manage to punch in before 8. but the extra effort that i need to put to find a free parking lot at the covered parking area and to squeeze into elevator to avoid HR sending email notification to boss for my late arrival is bit of a challenge. As soon as I open my laptop, quite a lot of meeting reminders and notifications pops up that will completely wipe away last night's sweet fantasy dream that was in mind while driving to office. A weekday usually goes by a lot of travelling, meetings, phone calls, email follow ups etc.

I always try to leave office on time (unless boss is around driving me mad delegating some crazy job at the last minute). After reaching back home, get freshen up and go to gym and then to a swimming session for around an hour or so. Not to forget, I do keep ample time aside for Allah and prayers during the course of the day. Recently i have joined for a Business Management course and a Salsa Dance class which is of two days a week. A weekday ends by 11 or 12 after the dinner,  facebook -twitter update, TV, a movie, reading etc.

At last the weekend. I am very close to my Family that consist of Parents, 2 Brothers and  a Sister. I  mention about them only now because week end is the time when I get to spend quaility time with my family. long sleeping hours, outing with family, shopping, chill out with friends, night partying etc.


Nevertheless,  I neither have a strict routine nor follow a time table (Ah that would be very unsustainable to me). I tend to be spontaneous with social plans and other things popping up here and there. Ofcourse, we all know that rarely one day is same as the next as we come across different seasons, occassions, vacations, travelling, change in plans and events throughtout the year.

After all who wants to have a predictable steady routine? Boring!


3 comments:

  1. congrats...!!

    nice blog
    waiting to hear more about u n ur thoughts n ur days..
    write from ur heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...very interesting, candid....right from the heart. Keep blogging..will look out for more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...very interesting, candid....right from the heart. Keep blogging..will look out for more:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!